Re: Real Time Data - IS IT WORTH IT?

>I just found out that a trader, who I respect, does not use, or monitor his
>trades with real time data, even though he has Trade Station.
>Which brings me to the point of the value of realtime data.
>
>1.  When I got Real time data,  initially I felt guilty if I was not
watching
>it every
>minute, and not trading the 5 minute S&P, as I had paid all this money for
it,
>and was not getting my moneys worth.
>
>2.  I am now of the opinion that it is an expensive tool, to be used
possibly
>for entry and exit.  However it is a tool that I am wondering whether I can
>continue to afford
>Any comments, pro or con. At present I like to analyse the daily and try
and
>position intraday.  But the $$$$$$ are a burden according to my wife
!!!!!!!

Edgar and the group;

Your questions remind me of the following quote:

"After spending many years in Wall Street and after making and losing
millions
of dollars I want to tell you this: It never was my thinking that made the
big
money for me. It always was my sitting."

Jesse Livermore: Reminiscences of a Stock Operator

I've noticed that my impatience to trade just gets me in trouble. A real
time
system just fans the flames of that impatience ("Gotta make it pay for
itself").
A little Zen helps.

Ted