Re: Gen: Poll about Options vs. Contracts(or Stocks)

There are answers to each and every one of your good questions.

Each of my answers could be correct for me and not appropriate for you.

I will pose some questions for you to consider.

What is your time horizon?
What is your objective. i.e. cash flow or investment?
Relative to just above, what will this do to you tax situation?

Stocks and options do have advantages in that the down side loss on long
positions is finite. Where futures may offer infinite down side potential.
The use of leverage is nice but it could be costly.

Consider your risk capital position and play what if with each way. Paper
trade for a while and see if you are aware enough of the rules of trading
to try the emotion roller coster ride that you will certainly find a new
experience. Start small and if you win don't get cocky and if you loss,try
to figure out why you lost some of  your risk capital so next time you have
a chance. When the marbles are gone you can't play. And don't play on
credit. Cash only.

James Semmons

At 02:15 PM 3/13/98 -0700, BrentinUtahsDixie wrote:
>RT's,
>	 I would like to take a little poll about the following two open
>questions. Thank you for you participation and opionions.
>
>1. Which is easier; trading contracts(or stocks), or trading options?
>
>2.Which is the better instrument to trade with; contracts(or  stocks), or
>options?
>

>Best Regards,
>
>Brent

James "Skip" Semmons with Eudora Pro Ver 3.0.5(32)  USA

Voice: (573) 874-1822    Fax: (573) 443-7304

E.Mail:       jsemmons@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Web Site:  http://members.sockets.net/~jsemmons