[Fwd: Hackers are flooding some of our lines]

--- Begin Message ---
To: all-mail@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Hackers are flooding some of our lines
From: Anna Nenova <anna@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 1998 14:27:30 +0200

	Hello.
	During the last 4 days a few of the major ISP have been attacked by flood
traffic. 2 of our 5 lines to the Internet are going through them, and right
now we have to use our 3 backup routes. The result is a worse quality
service, as some of you may already have noticed.
	We are working on solving the problem together with people from the above
mentioned companies, colleagues from the US and the Interior Ministry.

	The attack comes from Bulgarians who have accounts at foreign unix
servers, mainly in the US. They are flooding (filling the International
routes of the ISPs in Bulgaria) with traffic.
	They are using a version of a program called teardrop, where each packet
they sent is different, and comes from a different address and has
different size.
	This attack is causing problems for tens of thousands of people, who are
suffering bad Internet connection.
	We have contacted our lawyers in the USA, and they will be taking furhter
legal steps to ensure that the hackers are traced and punished.

Regards,

Anna Nenova
Office Manager

--- End Message ---