Re: GEN: Worthless Pursuit

At 12:26 PM 3/7/98 -0500, Troy Kelley wrote:

>I am about to start trading on a system I have worked hard on, but I am
>beginning to wonder whether this is a worthless pursuit.

>I think the real problem is not figuring out the randomness of the
>market, but dealing with all the competition of the market players. We
>are all taking money from each other. We are all smart people and we
>don't like loosing money. This makes for an incredibly competitive
>environment. It also means that no one, no one, will stay on top for
>very long.

If we're all destined to fall, then we must also have reached the heights,
however fleetingly. Maybe wisdom lies in knowing when to scale back
dramatically, or even quit.

The odds may be against making a fortune every year for the rest of your
life, but they seem pretty good for doing it at some point in your life.
>From then on, a better case can be made for calling it a worthless pursuit.

Wayne Moody
wlm95@xxxxxxxxxx