ROC example

To All interested in ROC indicators,

Attached is an example of the ROC in action using 7, 14, 20 bar lengths.
Notice how clear the APEX shows up at the bottom and how the trend
reversal is signaled.  This is more difficult to see at the tops and I
believe
it is because there is more congestion at the tops.  I'm looking for an ROC
indicator that would that would more clearly define the trend change at
the top.  I think using an EMA of ROC maybe an answer.  I've tried using
the following formula in SC as a start.   This combined with a moving
average crossover as a triger might help with tops.

xaverage(average(rate of change(close, 12)12),8)
Moving average (1 line) with rate of change(close,12)

from Petersburg, MI
Randy

Attachment Converted: "c:\eudora\attach\ROC4.gif"