Admin: Comment on Category Abbrv's

Eddie and Asher,  and RT's
I disagree on the request to   enter the general category of the post. I wish
it would go back or at least be voluntary. I noticed over the last few weeks
that about 90 percent of the posts did not have the general category and I
thought it would die a natural death. When I used to post a year or two ago I
would give some thought to what should be in the title, keep it short and
sweet, and figure it could help people decide whether to open it. The idea of
having to figure out another category to put it in when often times it could
be in two or more bothered me. In addition, often in posts I have read
recently, the abbrv listed might not apply (at least as far as I was
concerned). What was even worse, to me, was sometimes the subject matter of
the post had nothing to do with the subject heading listed. The person simply
replied to the group based on what he was currently reading. Expedience! I
thought, "Why bother." Therefore, since I try to abide by the rules, I have
simply tried not to post. Occassionally, of course, I would get wrankled and
reply back to someone else's thread and Subject.
  Also, on the subject of appropriate posts, when I first started out, a few
times I sent copies of my intended posts to John and/or Eddie to ask them
whether they thought the post would be appropriate because the quality of the
posts were very high and very few bent the rules. Usually, they said yes, even
if it took a few days, but I was grateful for their time.
  However, another reason that I don't post as I mentioned to Ray Rafferty
recently, is that I am long-winded, as one can see from this missive.  So
perhaps, the rule is for the best.  Take care,  Larry Z. . . Seattle.