Unrealtraders final comment

There has been many reactions to my Unrealtraders post. I will not comment
on them since that is one type of posts on this list that
I object against. Instead I will try to clarify what I meant.

In the beginning of RealTraders there were posts on trading techniques,
Psychology, Astrology, entry techniques, money management etc. Not only
comments and opinions but very often how to handle these things. Many of
the comments were made by professionals (from their office I would guess,
judging from the time they were posted) daytraders and amateurs. They were
voluntarily giving from their vast pool of knowledge. They were GIVING,
handing out tons of knowledge you have to pay thousands of dollars for at
seminars etc. These types of posts have almost disappeared completely.

In my opinion, this has changed over time. Nowadays most of the time people
are airing opinions on opinions or trying to find out what is wrong with
each others computers or computerprograms, airing or trying to get opinions
on books in order to perhaps save $30 on that book (the cost of one trade).
 Many of you are of the opinion that you can talk about anything you want,
which of course you can. BUT THAT WAS NOT THE INTENTION OF THIS LIST. It
was not the intention of the creators to form another chatgroup. The
intention was to create the most professional forum on the net were
everybody could learn/gain on every level.
I would argue that because most of us think that we can say anything we
want, the professionals have (or will soon) disappear.
We can then, as you say, discuss whatever we want. But we will then be just
another chatgroup. When I look at the posts I feel the atmosphere has
changed from a list of givers to a list of takers. ( I need this, please
give me that, where can I find this, please help me with this). Nobody is
giving anything unless someone is asking for it. So the askers are setting
the tone of the list and deciding what will be discussed. It should be the
contributers, in my opinion.

I don't know if it is too late to change things or if there is a will to do
it or how it's done, but one of my suggestions is to contribute some more.
Not opinions but posts on TRADING. And if you read something you like, make
it known to the author and he/she will probably do another one. I know
myself it feels good when I learn my analysis is hitting home. You know it
doesn't have to right as long as it is seriously done. I have heard on the
forum that opinions on markets are not good for you. Yes here we go again -
I didn't ask for OPINIONS on markets.  I asked for COMMENTS. For instance,
if you read my last comment on TBonds I did not air an opinion on weather
the market would go up or down, I tried to state what I saw as facts that
could influence a move in either way,  that there could be a trading
opportunity whatever way it went. That's one type of posts I think we could
use, someone in the group pointing out a discovered setup or move in a
certain market/stock. The collective number of eyes probably sees more that
one pair.
Doing an analysis is also good for you if you are going to present it you
are thinking twice on what you are putting into it. I remember Robert Miner
one time saying that his marketletter was his trading plan and the content
was what he used for his trading. Isn't that neat? sell your trading plan
to people for $1200 per year. He is writing it for himself and people want
to see what he writes it. so why not sell it. (Sorry for the opinion - I
was getting carried away....)
Well, this will be my last comment on the subject, and please, if you want
to air your anger or positive feelings on this post mail me personally. If,
however, you have an idea on how to improve the forum, that's another post.

Regards

Stig