Re: computer problems

andy abraham wrote:

> I run 2 computers jsut in case of any glitches.. I was wondering if someone
> could tell me how I could tell if a modem on a laptop has gone bad.. I keep
> on getting disconnected.. I am not sure if it is my isp or any modem.. is
> there a test on win 95 or something..thanks
>
> Andy Abraham
> Angus Jackson Trade Center
> www.angusjackson.com

Hi Andy,

I had the same problem a while back.  What might be happening is someone
may have your password and is trying to get into your system.  Contact
your isp and change your password. See if that helps.  Or in your setup
for your modem see if you put a time limit on there.  What it does is if
you are not useing or moving around on the net it shuts it self off.

Joe Frabosilio