FUT: S&P trading tactics

  • To: RealTraders Discussion Group <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: FUT: S&P trading tactics
  • From: Troy Kelley <tkelley@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Feb 1998 16:19:26 -0800 (PST)

Traders,

I am about to start trading the S&P within a few weeks. I have been
paper trading, and I have been pleased with the results so far. Two
questions for you experienced S&P traders.

How many S&P trades during the day would be too many?

I am thinking that I just want to catch the big morning swings and big
afternoon swings, which would be about 4 trades max per day. But I have
heard of some experienced traders taking 7 to 8 trades in a day.

Do you trade during the lunch time lull from 11:30 to 1:30?

My system seems to work well during this time frame, but the moves tend
to be pretty small, so why bother? Or is the leverage enough on the S&P
that even if you catch 3/4ths of a point it is worth it.

Thanks
Troy