Re: Promoters

At 01:17 PM 2/26/98 -0600, diamond wrote:
>I bought several books on trading *before* I started joined this e-mail
>group, and Real Traders e-mail group. Since that time I have found out that
>several promoters out there are writing books that are probably not worth
>ones time to read, or the money. I mean those, Wade Cook type promoters. I
>personally have nothing against them. I would be doing the same thing it I
>could make money at it. For those of us who are fairly new to investing, it
>would be good to know who these people are so we could avoid their
>products. I just threw away a book by Jake Bernstein, which I understand is
>part of this crowd.
>
>My question:
>I am reading a book now by William F. Eng. Forgetting about how good an
>author he is, and if his systems work, I want to know if he is *sincere* or
>a Wade Cook promoter? I don't mind reading anyones book on investing(no
>matter how good or bad) as long as they are sincere in their investment
>system beliefs, and not just out to yank us by the chain for a few dollars.
> Does anyone care to make a list of the Wade Cook promoter types? There are
>so many books about investment, it would be nice to weed out a few to help
>cut down on dead ends, and wasted time.
>
>Thanks in Advance.
>Zane Kori
>Abilene, Texas

Zane,

Isn't the real bottom-line question whether their system works, i.e.,
makes you some money?

Isn't it possible that a wolf could be there in sheep's clothing who
really believes he is a sheep?  A lot of people who are basically
in sales have the outlook of helping humanity.  Really, it's true!!!
What does sincerity by itself mean?

He could be just sincerely wrong.

What I find more important is whether I am completely honest, and in
whatever way I can find out whether my vendor is honest.  This should
include some clue like:  if your software or system or book is soooo
good, why aren't you so wealthy you don't give a shit about the rest
of us by USING IT INSTEAD OF SELLING IT?

That could sound a bit severe.  Some of the vendors could really be
at this to help others without regard to profit (hah!).

The market is a table where many people are putting down money, many
others are taking money off the table.  Which of them do you belong to?
Which bunch do you want to belong to?  The sellers of books, software
and systms ARE NOT OUT THERE TO PUT MONEY ON THE TABLE FOR YOU.

You have to be totally honest.

Pete
petena9090@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx