Re: FUTR - working at a futures exchange?

I didn't work there, but I traded in the S&P pit for 1 vear (as a local).  I
broke even trading, but I still had my seat lease (850/mo. at that time) and
my living expenses.  It was in 1988-89 when a lot of the volume had dried up
after the crash.

I gained some good experience about how the pit system works.  How locals will
gun for the stops; what happens when a broker is working a customer order;
how the pit will explode when a few big orders hit it.

It was helpful, but I still lost money for several years afterwards.  I think
developing a good risk management plan and developing a systematic approach to
trading is more important.  That's when I finally began to make money.

Good luck to you,
Jim Hamer