Re: Denise's System

At 02:18 PM 2/20/98 -0500, Steve McGuire wrote:
>Denise,
>
>Several questions, if I may.
>1. In desiging your system, how many years of data did you use?

>From Mar 96 tick data.  Anyone have more tick data out there?

>2. After designing your system, did you back test it on data that was not
>included in the original design data set?

Yes.  In fact used two different sources.  BTW, Tick Data is back in
operation.  They're with Futures Magazine at Jackson & Wacker.

>3.When testing did you use continous data or did you run it on each
>individual contract?

Real historical tick data for each individual contract.  Did not use
continuous at all.

>4. Did you use cash S&P data or futures data?

Futures data.  I've got TradeStation 4.0 use BMI Satellite for quotes --
realtime.  Uses initial stop of 4 1/2 basis points. Baptism from hell
...... runs up to 1034.50!!  UFF DA!!

We'll see how it goes.  On paper it looks good -- but must test.

Denise

Denise Beebe Throntveit
President
FOREMOST FUTURES. LTD.