Re: channel breakout

Bill Shumake writes:

>>and if used in a portfolio approach made money over every
>>12-month-or-greater time period I looked at.

Bill:

I am curious what tool / platform you use to do your testing.  You mentioned a
portfolio testing of the 48 day breakout system.

I guess my real question is this:  Can Tradestation / Easy Language be
programmed to run a portfolio test using these parameters:

1) uses 1 system run on a group of commodities (or portfolio)
2) 1 combined equity curve
3) fixed ratio betting size - say 2% of current equity at the time of each
signal -
    this is the part that I was told would be the most difficult.

My friend says that it can't be done, that I need to make up my own testing
platform with Visual Basic or  C++.  I am hoping he is wrong - but he is a
very wise man.

Good luck to you,
Jim Hamer