Re: GEN: Bloomberg/Reuters

>Visavis wrote:
> Hi!
> Does anybody knows if can I use a 1st computer with real time news & Quote
> of Bloomberg/Reuters installed which can then be DDE linked to MS Excel.
> Then the DDE linked Excel to the 2nd computer with a Tradestation
> installed.  I like to use Tradestation charting rather than the built in
> charting package of Bloomberg/Reuters.

Last year I was using Open Bloomberg. This is their new PC format which
allows the entire Bloomberg system to be accessed by PC, rather than
their own fixed terminals.

Live data could be looked at two ways: 1) Through the Bloomberg screen
on the computer, which was the same screen as the fixed terminal; 2) By
a DDE link to Excel.

Generally, the DDE link which has several different formats from minimum
info and maximum speed, to max info at a slower rate, was still slower
than the Bloomberg screen unless you have a real state-of-the-art
computer.

We used Trade Station as well but never attempted a link to it through
Excel with the live data.

In theory it could be done, but you'd need an engineer to figure out
what changes should be made between Excel and Trade Station.

Would it not be easier to program Excel to create the type of chart you
want with live data, and eliminate the next step of Trade Station? This
was the original intention of Bloomberg programmers, to give people the
freedom of using Excel to manipulate data. It can be done real time;
many Bloomberg clients have done this, although they would not give out
the names to us due to confidentiality rules. But they said it could be
done.

It is easier to find a cheap Excel programmer than an Easy Language
programmer.

Regards,

Wayne