Re: GEN - Raph Regression spx

Well, the reg channels are another way of looking at prices on a longer
term basis as well as hourly.  Adding a projection oscillator says the OEX
should be in sell mode shortly.  A crossover of the 50% line usually
accompanies a red candle at price peaks.

BobR

At 07:46 PM 2/16/98 -0600, Peter Namtvedt wrote:
>At 07:42 PM 2/9/98 -0800, bobrabcd wrote:
>>Thought this might be of interest to the crystal ball types.  Gilbert Raff
>>wrote a book titled "Trading the Regression Channel".  In chapter 5 he laid
>>out a concept of intersecting regression channels. The contention is that
>>regression lines and channels from years back have an influence on current
>>support and resistance. Inaddition, the intersections of the regression
>>channel lines also are target points.  One idea is to start a new
>>regression channel when price touches or comes close to touching a channel
>>line and reverses so that it becomes a significant swing point.  Out of
>>curiosity here is a reconstruction of the study using the SPX from 1994 and
>>some amateurish projections detailed on the chart.  A long term chart is
>>attached on this post.  A short term one is on the next post for those who
>>are on aol and can only receive one attachment per email and because of rt
>>byte limitations.
>>
>>BobR
>>Attachment Converted: "C:\PIPEPLUS\DOWNLOAD\raphreg.gif"
>>

>Bob,
>
>I had to think about that one for a while.  Now I really do endorse it
>
>Those channels make long term sense to me.
>
>Pete
>

>petena9090@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Attachment Converted: "c:\eudora\attach\oexreg.gif"