Re: OEX: It's split and it's consequences

Patrick,

This is a dog that has somewhat predictable behavior, before and after
split.

At 06:53 PM 2/16/98 -0500, Patrick Slevin wrote:
>With all due respect to OEX traders, before the split I was in and out
>of OEX positions 3 or 4 times a day.
>
>I never touch it now, I would rather trade SnP futures. Splitting the
>OEX killed the trade for me. I suppose they did it to make it more
>appealing to the average Joe/Josephine but I for the life of me cannot
>fathom why anyone would risk their neck in this environ.
>
>Not that I would ever touch it again, but would anyone care to discuss
>the pros and cons of trading this dog?
>
>--PJS

Opening jumps and intraday moves make me more and more interested.  Have made
money on it and there's more to be made for sure.

Anyone else?

Pete

petena9090@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx