RE: GEN: The EURO

Hi Stig

Just had to say what a wonderful post!   It must have been great fun doing it,
or else please do tell me where in the world you found it!

I can never tell from e-mail addresses where people are, but I assume at the
very least you are in Europe.  I may now insult you by thinking you are
Danish, when you are probably Swedish or come from Finland....    You may, of
course, be an Anglophile (sorry, should have used the 'f'!!) and be living in
London.

If you are in England, it would be nice to say 'hello' as I often see your
posts and, as you no doubt observe, I post fairly little on RT - but I do gain
a lot on the 'technical' front, as I am hopelessly computer illiterate!

As you will know, I only trade the Bonds and, I mention for what its worth,
that I am doing a complete manual on the subject, for those who wish to earn a
crust...  You see, before I was a trader I was a writer.  Now I am a trader,
with a capacity for writing!!

Anyway, anyway....

It was a great post and I would love to incorporate it - with all due
acknowledgement to you (and/or whoever?!) in some writing or other.
Personally, I absolutely hate the Common Market and I will support (over here)
any move to Save the Pound.  But don't let me bore you with all that...

Best wishes

Bill

PS.......       ZE DREM VIL FINALI KUM TRU!
		 And zen ve vil tak over ze vorld.

With reference to the above, you can imagine how horrific it is for some good
Englishmen that we are about to give the Honorary Freedom of the City of
London to Chancellor Kohl - the main architect of the disembowling of the
City, so that Fankfurt can become the EMU centre.

For your information, The Court of Common Council of the City of London (the
governing body of the City) was INSTRUCTED by the Government to give the
Honorary Freedom of the City of London to Chancellor Kohl.  Such a freedom is
usually given by unanimour vote of the Council, but on this occasion, it was
done only after a fierce debate in Guildhall, at a secret session of the
Council, when a number of Councilmen voted against.

The Roll of past Honorary Freemen is a very distinguished one with names like
Nelson, Wellington, Disraeli, General Booth, Florence Nightingale, Smuts,
Baden-Powell, Winston Churchill, Montgomery, Mountbatten, etc..  While living
recipients of the Honarary Freedom include members of the Royal Family and
Margaret Thatcher, Chancellor Kohl will be the first Head of Government of a
foreign member country of the EU to become one.

There are many 'ordinary' people who are Freemen of the City of London -
indeed you can be born free!  -  but those that are given an Honarary Freedom
are few and far between.  In all the years dating back to 1237, no one has
ever returned their Freedom Certificate to the Lord Mayor of London, but such
is the indignation felt, through being forced by this Labour government to
accord this single honour to Khol, that one person has done just that!

It is unbelievable that the City is being forced (I hardly dare to think of
the threats that were used) to honour the one man who is charting its
downfall.  It really is terrible.

Anyway, to end on a cheerful note, you will be interested to learn that there
is a £10 million fund being raised for a Save the Pound campaign, to counter
the EU campaign (of £47 million of taxpayers money) to get rid of sterling.
Hopefully the markets will kill the Euro in any case, and the British people
will be able to go on being a free nation with sterling playing a positive
role on world stage.  When you think about, ask anyone which currency they
would choose other than their own and most would say the US Dollar, with
Sterling second.   Lire, marks, francs, pesatas, et al, are all also rans...

I am afraid my PS is longer than the main body!

Best wishes

Bill