Re: Gen: Automatic Versus Hand Plotting

At 07:08 PM 2/14/98 -0500, Paul Cote wrote:
>interesting, but I know one at avid traders who tries all the smelliott
>wave and other things but always comes back to kagi which is a lot like
>point and figure.  At the end of every hour, he posts his chart using
>the close only.  It works for him.  Basically it is like point and
>figure.
>
>TRaffertu@xxxxxxx wrote:
>>
>> In a message dated 98-02-13 02:25:06 EST, brente@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
>>
>> << I'm thinking that she must do CBH "end of day," it would be
impossible to
>> stay up with intra day.  Do you  experienced types CBH? Any other comments
>> about CBH?  >>
>>
>>         Hi Brent,
>>
>>         I do not chart by hand, but in reading "Living the Dream" by Gary
>> Smith he reveals that he does all his day trading without a computer or
data
>> feed of any kind.  He charts the S&P 500 by hand from the CNBC ticker!!!!
>> (Ouch, my eyes hurt just thinking about trying that.)
>>
>>         If this stratagy catches on perhaps we should short Intel & Dell
>> Computer and go long International Paper & Dixon Pencile.
>>
>>                                Good luck and good trading,
>>                                           Ray Raffurty

Ray:

Your lingo sounds a bit similar to mine a few months
ago.  It should be kept mild ("smelliot"?).

Anyway, who is this guy who keeps coming back to "Kagi"
and where does he post his chart each hour?

(and now we'll hear from the peanut gallery about the
pro's and con's of candlesticks.  Well that would be
fine, haven't heard from those proponents/advocates
for some time)

I believe in exponential averaging and stochastics.
A propos comments on "leading" vs "following"
indicators, EMAS can be a leading indicator.

MACD can help.

Pete

petena9090@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx