Re: Option Decay

Pete:

I believe, generally speaking (maybe that should read "theoretically"),
that historic volatility of the underlying is very important. The problem
is, IMHO, if you don't hold an option until expiration, then it's very
difficult, if not impossible, to take advantage of a difference between an
underlying's historic vol and its options' implied volatility. So this
becomes one of those theory v. reality debates, and we have to trade reality.