Re: GEN - Day Trading equities

----------
> From: Jeff Shumate <j.shumate@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> To: RealTraders Discussion Group <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: GEN - Day Trading equities
> Date: Tuesday, February 10, 1998 1:07 PM
>
> I am thinking about opening an account with Harbor Securities.  I would
> be interested in feedback from anyone using them or any of their
> competitors.  I am specifically looking for a broker that provides good
> support for day trading equities using the internet.  I am after 1/8ths
> so execution is important.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Jeff

Jeff,

If you try to use the Internet to scalp trades for 1/8ths, I can pretty
much guarantee financial ruin.

You need instantaneous data, I mean absolutely no time lag, and instant
executions by pushing a single key, no Mickey Mouse mousing.

There are day trading firms offering access to SOES, InstiNet and DOT
locally and remote thru and ISDN line.  You will also need a REAL real time
data feed such as PCQuote.  You need to pay your dues.

Also, if you are not thinking of trading in 1000 share lots or multiples
thereof, you are kidding yourself.

A word to wise should be sufficient.

Yankee Trader