TECH: Forex Indicator.

Hello RTers,

I have been reading a lot of mails about everybody's favorite technical indicators. Its
interesting to see how most traders like to keep their trading indicators simple. Most
chose moving averages and oscillators.

Back when I used to trade Forex, we were using a DOS based version of Telerate's
Teletrac technical analysis software. It has a feature that lets you overlap two indicators
with identical scaling. What we used to do was overlap a 5 period RSI on a 14 period
William's %r. It generated excellent signals that helped us in making nice return even
with the type of broker we had. Mixed with moving averages and directional indicators,
its a gem of a system and worked better than anything else I have seen. Here's the
problem.....

After I left the company and joined another one, I tried to plot the same indicator on
Knight-Ridder's ProfitCenter. It didn't produced the same results. Although it kept giving
right signals, its seemed slow, and there were more whipsaws than before. Lately, I
have tried it with end of day data (I have always used it with live Forex feed) on
MetaStock 5 and SuperCharts 2. Same problem. Its slow. I experimented with different
values, RSI(3) and %r(10) which brings it closer to its expected performance.

I am posting a GIF image of cash DMark. If anyone can figure out a way of making
this indicator more responsive, I would love to hear from them.

Regards,

Mubashir Nabi
Financial Intermarket Research & Management.

Attachment Converted: "c:\eudora\attach\DMARK2.gif"