money management based on trade percentage

  • To: RealTraders Discussion Group <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: money management based on trade percentage
  • From: Troy Kelley <tkelley@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Feb 1998 10:51:24 -0800 (PST)

Traders

Anyone out there use money management techniques based on trade
percentages for longs vs shorts? In other words, I have a system which
produces very reliable signals for longs, but small moves, and more
unreliable signals for shorts, but when they are right, tend to be much
larger moves. I was thinking I could use this info to determine how much
I risk on each trade.  Perhaps I should only take the longs since they
seem be much more reliable, and forgo the large, but unpredictable
profits of the shorts? Any thoughts?

Thanks
Troy