Re: Trading software

----------
> From: Dick Crotinger <richinger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> To: RealTraders Discussion Group <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: GEN: Trading software
> Date: Wednesday, February 04, 1998 12:04 PM
>
> After BobR's recent "difficulties" with TradeStation, I'm even more
> curious what trading software (if any) everyone uses?
>
>         I find it hard to believe that "fund managers," i.e., those
> managing a big-$$$ portfolio, would put up with a system "freezing" that
> they are
> using for active trading, like TradeStation occasionally does.  [Yes, I
> am aware that all software occasionally pukes, and no, I don't use
> TradeStation.]  So what systems DO you use?  In-house-proprietary?  Are
> there really thousands of different, proprietary trading-software
> development staffs?  If you don't have your own software staff, and you
> are responsible for critical bucks, what software do you use to trade
> the markets?  Does your software *really* make a difference?
>
>         For me, "trading attitude" is the greater criterion.  Still, I
> have to ask, what do you use?
>
> Dick Crotinger

I've been using TradeStation for over five years.  In spite of all its
faults, it is still the best there is for intraday trading.

My system usually runs flawlessly during the day.  However, I often get
fatal errors during the nite when I download my end of day data and run the
Chart Scanner.  I've never been able to keep it running continously for
more than five days.

I've reviewed a lot of other products, but nothing comes close.

Jack Hutchison