Re: GEN: Trading software

In a message dated 98-02-04 13:09:48 EST, richinger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> After BobR's recent "difficulties" with TradeStation, I'm even more
>  curious what trading software (if any) everyone uses?
>
>          I find it hard to believe that "fund managers," i.e., those
>  managing a big-$$$ portfolio, would put up with a system "freezing" that
>  they are
>  using for active trading, like TradeStation occasionally does.  [Yes, I
>  am aware that all software occasionally pukes, and no, I don't use
>  TradeStation.]

I didn't follow the thread as to BobR's problem with Tradestation.   But I
have been running Tradestation since 1993.   Yes there are occasional
problems.  The last one I had was a small TSR program that was causing a
crash.  Once I isolated it no more problems.   I run TS on a dedicated machine
and do little to change charts during market hours.   It has been over a year
since I have had any problems.   Overall I have found it to be crash free, if
I don't use the machine for anything else, and do the exotic experimenting
after hours.  Since I run it 24 hours a day, I'd say my reliablity rate with
TS is well over 99%.

                         Pete