Re: GEN - TS resource error

Russ, I am not stopping until I track this bug down.  Today I think I have
made one more step forward.  I have been monitoring the Select number in
wmem.exe and when I first turn the computer on it is nearly 7000 then as I
open things the number drops.  Then as the dayprogresses it keeps dropping
and I start closing windows and programs and the number only marginally
increasses.  Finally when it got down to 67 the system froze!!!  Now I have
to find out why this 16bit selector continues to decrease as the day
progresses.  I need to talk to someone who knows the details on this.  I
have an email off the Omega list from someone who seems to know what it is
all about.  I will also try omega email, just want to avoid a long distance
call to them.  I really need to see a write up on what this select number
is, does, and how I should work around it.

BobR

At 10:35 AM 2/2/98 EST, you wrote:
>Bob,
>
>I am sorry that you are having the same problems that I had.  I even bought 2
>new disk drives and a new motherboard and still had the same problems.
>Remember?
>
>I bought another computer out of frustration.  I don't think that it was the
>computer but the way that I was using it.  I now use the old problemed
>computer to only display real time quotes and do not have any problems that I
>use to have on this same computer.  Like you, I used it for 2 or 3 years
>without problems and then the problems often occurred multiple times every
>day.  After purchasing the new computer I did the following with the old
>computer and its problems went away.  I am not sure what step made the
problem
>go away.
>
>1.  I bought the latest version of Norton Utilities.  It has a WinDoctor that
>fixes Window related problems.  It also has a scandisk and defrag that is
much
>better than what comes with Windows.  I ran all those and fixed all found
>problems.
>
>2. Prior to starting TS or the server I do a "Control", "Delete", "Alt" to
>pull up the "Close Program" dialog box and then do a "End Task" on all
>programs except Explorer and Systray.  This eliminates all programs (that
I am