Re: Options Strategy

THE DOCTOR writes in part . . .

"Volatility..time to chime in.  When you write options hass nothing to do
with current implied volatility.  By definition an option writer is
projecting lower future volatility."

Doc, while I enjoyed your piece and think it has a valid argument in
looking for going forward volatility, that wasn't the initial point.

The initial point was when one is looking to do a short strangle (or other
option selling strategy), the current volatility will drive the current
premiums.

What good would it do to sell options on a stock or index that has no
volatility and sonsequently the premiums are low?  Can't make money like that.

PS  Appreciated your comments on the industry risk management conference.
Thanks.