Fwd: Options Strategy

Peter,

I believe you were misguided in an earlier post.  Your were correct in
identifying your strategy as a strangle and NOT a "straddle write" as Ray
referred to.  However Ray did an excellent job in explaining straddles.  By
the way strangles are my favorite strategy.  I look for overprices options to
sell.  Peter, I would consider giving yourself more room on both the top and
bottom of the trade.  Since your setting up the trade on an equity rather than
an index news can be a big factor.  You want to avoid any extrordinary
condition such as earnings etc which could make the stock move sharply.
Consider doing strangles on an index for a larger margin of safety.

Good luck!