Re: Trading is like golf....

Trading is like Golf...and Paper Trading is like being at the driving range

You get your end of day date from the computer download or even the newspaper
and you scratch out your paper trades...and think gee look at all the money im
making from my system..my risk management..my stop losses...This is just like
going to the driving range and hitting balls..they are going straight...and
long..dead solid perfect....you think wow...

Then you decide to pick up the phone and call a broker..deposit some
money..call him back with some trades...then the price moves against you..you
freeze..you hold on...it goes further south and with it all your money...This
is just like golf..after the driving range you go to the first tee and there
are three of your buddies and the three foursomes behind you watching you
address the ball...adding to your nerves is a daunting view of a fairway that
seems only ten yards wide..huge trees on either side..now its so narrow you
think gee we will have to walk single file to the green...there is bunkers on
either side 175 yards out..and 200 yards out is a huge pond meaning that a
driver will have to carry 240....well you know what happens..ball dribbles off
the end of the tee...

Discussion and thinking about the perfect system are a lot different than
actual implementation....its a whole new ball game when the money is really on
line..

Rick