Re: Trading Psychology

TC & Mark wrote:

> Norman,
>
> One's perception of the market is not necessarily REALITY.

Mark,
 I will elaborate. The collective Perception of the trading community IS
the reality of the market. Once upon a time when I was trading on the
CBOE, my Astro work told me that National Semi-Conductor was going to
have good earnings but that they would be prone to overconfidence or
overstatement. I bot the stock, the earnings came out at 5 cents per
share when only 1 cent per share was expected, the stock had a big
rally, and I got out for a very nice profit. A month or two later, the
company announced that they had made some accounting errors and
over-stated their earnings. They had really only earned 1 cent per
share. But, no one came to me and ask me to return the profit I had made
because of the overstatement of earnings. At that moment, PERCEPTION WAS
REALITY. Anyone who significantly differs with this concept is doomed as
a trader.

Perceptively,

Norman

...and