Re: Gen: Think like a thief

 Hi Rtrs,
I have the same question. I do not use stops except very selectively mostly
in lumber, S&P and Coffee because a stop is another parameter which can
degrade the system. I have considered options as a hedge but again worry
that option premium will eat up my profit. My mental stop is $ 500. The
option may be worthwhile  if costing less than $500. However I have not yet
come up with a solution. A broker at Spike Trading uses Options as an hedge.
He uses Time and Price to forecast turning points, tries to get in  at a
point where his risk is minimun if trade fails. In case of losing trade, his
option kicks in to cover his losing trades and he exits his future trade, so
when he loses, he doesn't lose much. I don't know how good this strategy is.
It works better in futures which tend to reverse sharply and suddenly. Any
comments on the above or anybody doing something similar.
Happy Trading Ashif