CLINTON-Analogy to trading

James inLA wrote:

> << To me, this is focusing on the splinter, and not seeing the bulk... So
> change
>  Presidents if you want, but don'tdream it will be any different thereafter,
> and
>  maybe the new one will be much worse for millions of other people for lack of
>  adequate foreign policy...
>
>  Gwenn >>
> Okay, here's my two cents.  There's a lot that can be said about the current
> mess Clinton is in.  It does bother me a bit that this girl (I mean woman) is
> 21 and he's 50 something.  I'm 40 and when I was 38 I dated a 24 year old for
> a couple months and felt I was too old for her.  Anyway, the thing is, the guy
> looked me in the eye (on TV) and said he didn't do it.  If that is a lie, then
> it's personal.  He lied to me.  And I can't let him get away with that.  That
> is treating me with total contempt.  If he is lying, he has broken his trust
> and his covenant with the american people.
> Jim

Yes, you are right, and right again, and right still. That is not my point. I am
saying here you potentially caught him lying, and there is a big story. But how many
lies did he and all others before, and all others after tell to get elected? What I
am saying, is this one is a bad lie, but I prefer that sort of lie, to lies that
costs lives, and these are plentiful in politics. If he is to go because he lied,
then he is to go because he lied, no ifs and buts. The next one will be the same, no
doubt whatsoever about it, only with a different twist.

All I am saying, is I am surprised people are surprised. there is nothing new under
the sun. And people knew very well, and still reelected him last time, so what's the
fuss now?

For me, the true motive is not that he lied, Clinton is the same today he was in the
previous term, it is because people changed focus and what was OK yesterday is no
longer OK today: They changed their minds, but are saying Clinton screwed up so as
to say it is not of their responsability. For me it is a classic case of shifting
responsability: "oh my God, look at what he did! But who put him there in the first
place, Hummh?

If anyone's to blame, then those who elected him are the ones: THEY WERE WRONG TO
REELECT HIM BUT DON'T WANT TO ADMIT THAT! So they find a scapegoat, his sex life.

Analogy to trading:

Bullish market, good up trend, good numbers, earnings, reports, etc. You are long,
and all of a sudden market drops through your entry price, wiping off profits and
putting you at a large loss in no time: Who's to blame? The markets unknow behavior
up to today, or your negligence in putting on a position without looking too
closely?

Gwenn