[Fwd: Importing ASCII data into TradeStation]

Paul Cote wrote:

> The best way I know to analyze COT is to get COT index from Pinnacle and
> get the article on how to use the index by Steve Briese which is
> probably also available from pinnacle.  You can look at a graph of the
> COT index over a period of time.  I believe the graphical approach is
> best.  It is like John Murphy says, visual analysis (as opposed to
> technical analysis). I just visited the steve briese site and did not
> see the cot index. There is also a nice COT index already done on a web
> site that you pay 5 bucks a month for. It is at
> http://www.orc.ca/~blees/futures.htm  You call on the phone a 900 number
> and they give you the password.

You can get the COT data and proprietary COT index data FREE
from Steve Briese at http://www.bullishreview.com
File are in ascii and easily charted in Tradestation. He also has
info on exactly how to do this. Update file can be downloaded
every 2 weeks to update your database.

Sample chart attached
Attachment Converted: "c:\eudora\attach\COT_bo.gif"