Re: GEN

ChrisPR1 wrote:

> Let me pose a question to the forum...
> I am 20 yrs old, been investing/trading successfully since 1994, licensed
> stockbroker for a year and a half, sophomore in college and have a 120K
> portfolio.  I read various magazines and newspapers, i.e. IBD, Barrons, WSJ,
> TA of Stks & Comm., etc. etc.  and I have developed successful trading ideas
> of my own that I have tried to put into use.  My problem is this:  At school
> (economics major) I feel as if I am not learning anything that will improve my
> trading.  I anticipate that after school is completed I will trade my account
> full-time.  I have also noticed that the best opportunities often surface when
> I am in class when I am unable to act upon it.  Is it worth my while to
> complete school, with all the irrelevant subjects, and sacrifice any trading
> opportunities, or should I trade full-time, knowing that it is probably what I
> am going to do after graduation?

NW: One should not be earning an undergrad degree in college as a means to
vocational training.  One should go to college to improve one's scope of general
knowledge so one can communicate with people from all walks of life. In other
words, one should go to college to learn how to live, not to learn how to make a
living. If one learns how to live, one may learn how to make a living. However, if
you learn how to make a living you may not know how to live.  So, in a way you are
right. If you are in college just for vocational training, you are probably
wasting your money. If you want to improve your quality of life and have something
from which you can benefit the rest of your life, then you should resolve to
finish your college education.

Wisely,

Norman