Re: Viruses

Pete.   The person who sent that message thought he/she was doing a
public service.  Cut him some slack.  At the very least, educate him in a
decent, civilized manner.  Someday that person may have something
worthwhile to share, but decide we don't deserve to know. Others can get
discouraged from contributing also, when they see the potential of
encountering such an impolite response.

Dick

On Mon, 26 Jan 1998 18:56:31 EST Peter 2150 <Peter2150@xxxxxxx> writes:
>In a message dated 98-01-26 14:37:15 EST, jeb3d@xxxxxxxx writes:
>
>> In the event you had not heard, IBM made an announcement yesterday
>>  regarding a very malicious and new virus which erases everything on
>your
>>  hard drive.  If anybody receives an email titled, "Join the Crowd",
>DO
>>  NOT OPEN IT!!
>>  Also do not open or look at any mail that says," Returned or Unable
>>  Deliver".  This virus will attach itself to your compouter
>components
>>  and render them useless.  Best thing to do is immediately delete
>any
>>  mail that says this. AOL has said that this is a very dangerous
>virus
>>  and there is no remedy.
>

>This is a classic in irresponsibility.   IBM made an announcement.
>Didn't
>hear it, or see any news.   AOL has said....     Where did this writer
>see
>this nonsense.   AOL consistently has said you can not contaminate
>with a
>virus by just reading E-Mail.  PLEASE,  check out this drivel before
>foisting
>on a list very tired of it.
>
>                     Pete

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]