Re: DTN Speed/

ALTAF JUMMA wrote:

> Hi Rtrs,
> What is the feedback on DTN satellite feed with regard to speed and
> problems.

I use the DTN it is just as fast as my option broker's quote machine. We
were comparing changes in the bid and asked and it was the same.  I have
noticed that the DOW ticker on CNBC is probably the fastest one around.
I get a one to three second lag between CNBC and DTN But I have not done
a pure timing test between the two.

Can it be used from an apartment or it has to be on a rooftop?

 I would guess from a rooftop or pole mounted on the side of your
house.  The dish is about three feet in diameter.  the reciever device
is mounted about 2.5 feet from the bottom of the dish.  You know its a
dish. Its not tiny like the new satellite tv dishes. But it isn't the
6-10 black wire mesh monster.

The service people are pretty much always available, friendly, etc. and
it costs about 1200 a year prepaid.  I only pay for opra. and NYSE and
NASDQ. the futures quotes are going to add about 50 bucks per exchange
per month.
No problems other wise.

regards.

Don