Do SP Futures really lead cash?

I've been wondering whether anyone here has done the following test with
their real time feed:
Compare the SP500 futures contract with the actual real-time tick by tick
compilation of cash transactions on each stock which is a component of
the SP500.

I know the futures lead the REPORTED cash by a minute or so, but what
about actually calculating the cash. This way you could also get volume.
Even better, it seems one could estimate the cash even better by looking
at bid/ask and size.

What does anyone think?

Larry Lewis