Re: Mechanical Trading

In a message dated 98-01-19 07:24:44 EST, Steve Schnake writes:

<< I too bought the $16,500 system that Jonn trades, back in 1996. It was a
 little cheaper then, but after about 5 weeks it had re-imbursed me fully.
 I'm still trading it. I vouch for what Mr. Cappelo has stated. >>

Steve:

I assume you guys bought the R&W system.  I heard they got nailed for about 6
or 7 million in fines from the CFTC (I think with the way they marketed it or
the way they worded the hypothetical returns).

But I talked with some brokers who are trading it and they said it has had a
great year - but not without a pretty large drawdown earlier.

I like the way it hangs with a position (I heard it's been short the
currencies for a while), but I don't like the way it doesn't place a stop on
the S&P the first day (if I understand it correctly).  Other than that it
sounds like a good system.

I hope it continues to make money for you guys.

Good luck,
Jim Hamer