Re: GEN: Asian Trading the US market LIVE!

My experience with satellite feed was a short lived nightmare.I had an
FM feed for many years but when BMI said they would phase it out I went
to satellite.

You may not have the problems in Asia I had. Whenever there was a heavy
cloud cover it went out...evidently due to ice in the clouds. A neighbor
had a dish from PC quote and rarely went out, but he had backup T1 lines
anyway. My DSS dish rarely had problems. Just the dish for BMI.

Anyway, now both I and my neighbor have chucked the dish for cable
modems. Cable modems of course, require you to have access to a cable
line. If you have fiber-optic you can get very high speeds. Otherwise
the standard DBC boxes work as well or better than satellites.

--PJS