S&P Traded iver the Long Weekend

Realtraders,

Does anybody have a grasp or sense of how the market
could adjust itself from the long weekend?

The S&P traded a regular session on the GLobex on
Monday and an abbreviated session on Monday and is
now open again.

Currently the Globex shows the S&P up 1 or 2 points
or so.  However, March and June Futures are both 10
points above the friday close.  Effectively we have
the potential for a limit up open on a 3 point S&P
move.

How will the Dow, NYSE, etc. react to not being open?
will they simply pop on the open to correct the
discrepency?

I don't think there is any other holiday or situation
where we have to contend with the cash markets being
closed for three sessions while the futures trade.
i.e. Sunday, Monday, and tuesday.

John C.

===
john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Commit yourself to quality from day one...
It's better to do nothing at all than to do something
badly.
--Mark H. McCormack