Re: THE OPTION ADVISOR

Bernie employs many "analysts" who do the day-to-day grunt work.  But as head of the
organization, he has to be ultimately responsible for what goes on below him.

The Option Advisor newsletter (recently offered at $99 for 2 years) is only one small
part of the organization which is called Investment Research Institute.  There are
literally hundreds of option services offered typically ranging in price between about
1-3k.  Most are touted as having some sort of limit of 100, 200 or 250 maximum
subscribers.  The services have catchy names like All-American, OEX Express, Swift Trade,
All-Star, etc. and you generally get 2 option recommendations via fax per month for one
year and most of the services tout each recommendation as shooting for a 300% gain in 1-4
weeks.  Unless you tell them to back off, you will get faxes and calls all the time
advertising a new service that they want you to buy into.

Having gotten sucked into giving them 3k last year and having switched among the 4
services mentioned above, I can tell you that I have not encountered even one
recommendation that made it to 300%.  Most were closed out at a loss.  When he did get a
winner, he would typically close it out at 40-80%.  And when he does get a winner, it
always seems to be closed out too early (Hey, we got one that went positive.  Quick,
close it before it goes negative <g>).    Now a consistent 40-80% might be considered
acceptable - but remember you have paid $1-3k for the service up front .  However, the
big problem is that there are too many losers and your losses do not get offset by the
winners.

I was pretty pissed off last year and tried to get in contact with Bernie to express my
dissatisfaction.  I moved up the management chain a bit but could not get in contact with
him or anyone else with an executive title.  I was flat out told that I would NEVER be
able to get in contact with Bernie.  He does not speak with subscribers.  So I gave up on
that approach.

JW
abprosys@xxxxxxx