Re: GEN: Attachments

Thanks to everyone who's responded to my comments regarding attachments.
So far, the responses have ranged from agreement to "Quit whining!".

As Mr. Boggio mentioned, some attachments have readily recognized
extension names (e.g., *.gif files) and these are easily opened.  And I
certainly appreciate the .ela attachments for Omega Research products as
I use SuperCharts.

Clyde Lee pointed out that Netscape is better at opening attachments
than Internet Explorer, and I can verify this since I use Netscape on my
home PC.  However, my employer (no, I am not yet "living the dream"  and
trading full time -- I have to work to support my trading habit) has a
strict "Microsoft products only" policy, so my PC at work only has IE.
(Don't tell my boss I'm reading RT posts at work -- honestly, it's only
during lunch hour.)  :)

So, if you send out an attachment without a readily recognizable file
extension, a few words of explanation would still be appreciated.
Thanks.

Brad