GEN going out on a limb

Someone called me today from Thomson Research about one of their high
priced fax services for trading the S&Ps. Here's the recommendation for
1/16/98

"FOR FRIDAY:

If the S&P futures show weakness and see the red in the early going (by
10:45 EST) we will look to trade the downside. If the early gains hold, we
will wait for another opportunity.

A daily high or low will very likely be seen in the first hour. The large
up open should prove to be either a springboard to higher prices (45%
chance) or a phony rally (55% chance) which falls apart early on. Early
trading should tipoff what the rest of the day will bring."

Now THAT'S going out on a limb. I wonder how I get a job writing this drivel.

-Richard Bloch