MKT: sentiment - more bears, of course...

Traders,

Below are the results of our weekly "Guess the Dow" sentiment survey. The
survey was taken from 1/5 through 1/11 on our web site.

Number of participants: 395

30 day outlook:

36% bullish,  56% last week
42% bearish,  18% last week
22% neutral,  26% last week

(percentages may not sum to 100 due to rounding)

Median guess for the DJIA closing value on Friday, 1/16: 7830   (it was 7988
last week). More complete sentiment data is available at
<http://www.lowrisk.com/sentiment.htm> .

No suprise here. The market was down sharply last week and we suddenly have
quite a few more bears. The bears more than doubled, picking up a whopping 24%
to end at 42%. The bulls dropped to 36%, the lowest level since mid December.
The neutral camp fell 4% to 22%. Of course, with last week's market drop, a
bearish turn is expected. The current level of bearish sentiment is not extreme
enough to warrant much optimism for the bulls in and of itself, though.

To try this week's contest, stop by: http://www.lowrisk.com/guess.htm
More sentiment data is at: http://www.lowrisk.com/sentiment.htm

regards,
Jeff Walker