Analyst vs Trader

Brent:
    In Wall Street "talk"  an analyst is just that, an individual that
analyzes a security and makes a recommendation.  A trader usually means
someone who executes his own trades within a short period of time, from
minutes to days, depending on the individuals, as you most likely know.
    My comments we mainly to correct Gwenn's ridiculous and totally naive
statement "  . ..what makes you think that determining market direction and
chosing indicators are relevant in making money trading?"  Unless I totally
misunderstood her statement, which could be the case.
Regards,
jdfo
jdfo@xxxxxxxxx