Re: Econ: Asia Crisis?

Re: Asia - we don't sell anything in Asia

I disagree. I.E. heavy equipment(CAT) and Airplanes are large ticket items
that are sold in asia that have not only a corporate and labor lost downside
here but a trickle down effect for industries that supply to say CAT and
Boeing.
 Also I just spoke yesterday to a headhunter in Thailand that had a lot of
work in the petrochemical industry (and I was hoping to be working there now)
in Asia (Indonesia Etc.) He said most of the contracts that they were working
on were cancelled or delayed. This work would have gone in large part to
American based firms such as Flour and Brown and Root. This lost work also
costs in the loss in the industrial supplier area (pipe ,valves, controls
Etc.)