Findings on realtime T-Bond data

Thanks for the suggestions on how I could get "surrogate" data for
real time T-Bonds, since I just want to see the shape of the curve
as an intermarket indicator for the S&P, and don't want to pay CBOT
exchange fees for the priviledge.

Several people suggested that I sign up with BMI for MidAm T-Bond
data.  Evidently, real time MidAm data is available for only $7.50
per month, while the CBOT charges exchange fees of $55.00 for what
I understand is identical data.  Seems incredible, but several
respondents suggested the same thing.  So, to ask a dumb question:
Why can't I get S&P futures data on the same basis?  I assume the
answer is that this would not be so closely correlated, due the the
much higher volume on the CME.

The other recommendation was to plot the reciprocal of the Bond yeild,
which BMI evidently sends out under symbol TYX. That wouldn't provide
scaled Bond prices, but should produce a curve whose shape matches the
shape of the Bond cash market.  I haven't confirmed that this works;
I tried collecting TYX data today, but it came in as just "0".  I also
noticed the symbol TYS in my BMI directory under CBOE, but I am guessing
that this is an option.  TYS came in as ".000" (an improvement?) this
afternoon.  Hmm...guess I'll need to call BMI tech support.

Thanks to all the respondents.  These lists are GREAT!

Jay Mackro