Mechanical Trading

Hi Rtrs, John others,
>From what I can make out from the post R&W Mastersuite was the mechanical
system that returned you 50% and you are satisfied with it although it has
severe drawdown it recovers quickly. It is good to hear mechanical system
can make you money. I had met with R&W developer in Houston (if this is the
same system) because I was interested in buying the system. He said the
system had only four rules and had never been optimized. He himself trades
it and if you are fully margined you get 100-200% but some traders would be
unable to trade after a big drawdown. That time, R&W had only CurrencyMaster
which traded the four major currencies and were coming out with systems for
grains, meats etc probably with the same rules. He was charging $3000 for
the currency system with a money back guarantee if I remember correctly.
My point is that if the system is a white box with the rules spelled out you
could trade the other markets with it. He said he trades 24 or 25 markets,
and like to spend his time golfing, hence prefers a mechanical system.It
probably needs at least $25,000 to trade the currencies.
A few years back ,I had bought a mechanical trading system SwingCatcher
rated highly by Futures Truth but had lost money with it. I believed the
system was curve-fitted as such I am tend to be skeptical about mechanical
systems unless they have a real-time record.
Sorry for the long post,     Happy Trading,
Ashif