RE: ultimate oscillator

Michael

I believe this will help.

The Ultimate Oscillator

Rev. 04/29/97

"The trouble for most oscillator workers was, and has continued to be,
that while frequently oscillators lead
sometimes they lead far too early and, instead of buying a bottom, you
are buying falling daggers and getting
sliced up. Even the best oscillators consistently give premature buy
and sell signals. I believe my "Ultimate
Oscillator" corrects this", stated by Larry Williams, in the Apr 85
issue of Technical Analysis of Stocks &
Commodities.

To create the Ultimate Oscillator as a custom formula, in MetaStock,
create the following custom formulas.
*** The first formula is the only formula that is plotted. In
MetaStock for Windows versions 5.0 and above include
the Ultimate Oscillator as a built in indicator.

Ultimate Osc
( ( ( Fml( "Div_7" ) * 4 ) + ( Fml( "Div_14" ) * 2 ) + ( Fml("Div_28"
) ) / 7 ) * 100

TrueR : True Range
Max( ( C - L ) , ( C - Ref( L ,-1 ) )

TotalA : Total Activity
Max( Max( ( H - L ) ,H - Ref( L ,-1 ) ) ,Max( ( Ref( H ,-1) - L ) ,
(Ref( H ,-1 ) - Ref( L,-1) ) ) )

True_7 : Summation (7) of True Range
Sum( Fml( "TrueR" ) ,7 )

Total_7 : Summation (7) of Total Activity
Sum( Fml( "TotalA" ) ,7 )

Div_7 : Division of 7 days
Fml( "True_7" ) / Fml( "Total_7" )

True_14 : Summation (14) of True Range
Sum( ( Fml( "TrueR" ) ,14 )

Total_14 : Summation (14) of Total Activity
Sum( Fml( "TotalA" ) ,14 )

Div_14 : Division of 14 days
Fml( "True_14" ) / Fml( "Total_14" )

True_28 : Summation (28) of True Range
Sum( Fml( "TrueR" ) ,28 )

Total_28 : Summation (28) 0f Total Activity
Sum( Fml( "TotalA" ) ,28 )

Div_28 : Division of 28 days
Fml( "True_28" ) / Fml( "Total_28" )

All the best