Re: MKT: Lowry Index Continued

JER3CUBE wrote:

> In a message dated 97-12-06 20:01:38 EST, detomps@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
>
> <<
>  When I look at my cumulative volume index. which is just an intraday net
>  advancing volume.. I notice one thing.. It took less shares/point and
>  less time to proceed from the 10/28 low to 12/6 than it did to go from
>  the 8/18 low to the October top..
>
>  I'm no quant but it looks to me like there are less people selling.. Why
>  else would price go up on such momentum if people were selling the heck
>  out of it..  But that is not the last week.. the angle of assent isn't
>  as steep..
>   >>

> Trust your own observations.....If the sellers "dumped" their load
> into the Oct drop....you now have a vacuum of "sellers"...meaning
> that a small amount of buing can create upticks....with market
> makers taking the other side (sell) of the trade...likely net short
> now.

DET

What I can't quite figure out is that in terms of net positive shares
purchased since the low is now higher as of Friday than the number of
net sold shares from the October 8th top to the October 28 low..
I don't get, at least quantitatively, where they are hiding it....

I don't disagree that the market could take a serious fall, It seems to
me that that the volume drop is disproportionatly small relative to the
price drop.

> Count the number of days to the Oct low....Count the number of
> trading days to now....Do you get about 2 to 1 ratio....
>
> So it has taken twice as long to go up as it went down.
> Somewhere about half way.....We might guess that the market
> makers have been "layining off" what they bought at the bottom.

DET
What I can't quite figure out is that in terms of net positive shares
purchased since the low is now higher as of Friday than the number of
net sold shares from the October 8th top to the October 28 low..
I don't get, at least quantitatively, where they are hiding it....

I don't disagree that the market could take a serious fall, It seems to
me that that the volume drop is disproportionatly small relative to the
price drop.
Perhaps this is the sell signal.. the volume is just about where it was
in October 8.

Regards..

Don