Vendors,Newsletters,etc.

With regard to systems/newsletters, someone has proposed letting the buyer post 10% of the purchase price and then pay the balance out of profits gained from trading the system.  I see a major problem with such a proposal, consider the following: In 1983 Richard Dennis ( who at that time was undisputedly one the best traders around ) offered to teach his system to 20 students, in addition he also agreed to generously fund a trading account for each student. Today we know these students as the turtles, some of whom have become very successful traders...but not all.
While some of the original 20 have done well, the majority never got off the launching pad, never became traders, and never made money in the markets despite Dennis' generous attempts to help them do so. So here is a situation where some people were given one of the most successful trading systems of all time with a spectacular real-time track record, tutelage from one of the best traders of the day, a well funded account, yet they still did not make money.  This demonstrates how some individuals are unable to apply a good trading strategy, it also demonstrates why the 10% proposal mentioned earlier is as unfair to vendors as the selling of crappy systems is to the gullible public.  Did I say gullible?  Say...maybe that's the problem.

All the Best !
Bill